Man, 55, walks into a Florida Walmart and asks gun clerk for 'anything that will kill 200 people'

Mail Online | 8/9/2019 | Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com
chicana948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/09/19/17103896-0-image-a-97_1565373703430.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/09/279466967658221074/1024x576_MP4_279466967658221074.mp4

Just days after a mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton killed 31 people and injured dozens more, a man walked into a Florida Walmart and asked a cashier for a gun that would ‘kill 200 people’.

The culprit, later identified to be Philip Attey, 55, admitted walking into the sporting goods section of a Port St. Lucie Walmart on Wednesday and posing the question - but says he wasn’t being serious, rather staging a protest.

Walmart - Days - El - Paso - Guy

‘I’m in a Walmart a few days after El Paso and I’m seeing a white nationalist-looking guy purchase a gun and I got mad,’ Attey told WPTV of the inspiration for his actions, which he went on to describe as being in ‘poor taste’.

Assistant Police Chief Richard Del Toro said that Attey interrupted the clerk as he was serving another customer and asked for something that could kill 200 people.

Cashier - Attey - Sentiment

‘That’s not funny,’ the cashier told him, before Attey repeated the sentiment again.

The Walmart employee alerted his manager, who in turn called authorities. However, by the time they’d arrived Attey had left the store.

Del - Toro - Appeal - Online - Culprit

Del Toro launched an appeal online to find the culprit, and the department quickly received a tip pointing them in the direction of Attey.

On arrival, police determined Attey to ‘not be a credible threat to anybody’, confirming he is ‘anti-gun, and that he is ‘trying to further his platform’.

Think - Day - Age

‘I think we’re in a day and age now...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!