Father of Bryer Schmegelsky apologies to victim's families of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese

Mail Online | 8/9/2019 | Aidan Wondracz;Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
moni (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/09/23/17112354-0-image-a-5_1565390854962.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/09/5545650233104906175/1024x576_MP4_5545650233104906175.mp4

The father of one of the Canadian teenagers suspected of killing Australian backpacker Lucas Fowler and his US girlfriend Chynna Deese has apologised to their families.

Alan Schmegelsky addressed the victim's families in an interview with 60 Minutes saying he felt pain over the alleged actions of his 18-year-old son Bryer.

'I’m so sorry for what’s happened, okay?' he said.

'Whether it’s my son or someone else, we don’t know. I have just lost my son, I know exactly how you [the families] feel.'

Bryer - Kam - McLeod - Mr - Fowler

Bryer and co-suspect Kam McLeod, 19, have been accused of killing Mr Fowler and Ms Deese after their bodies were discovered in a ditch by their blue Chevrolet van in the western province of British Columbia July 15.

A 15-day manhunt for the alleged attackers led police across the country before they discovered two bodies believed to belong to the suspects a mile from the Nelson River near Gilam, Manitoba, Canada, on Wednesday morning.

Schmegelsky - Father - Son - Murderer - Minutes

Schmegelsky's father stopped short on calling his son a murderer when he spoke on 60 Minutes.

He said he wanted to get all the facts, but said he was living the 'worst nightmare anyone could ever imagine' following his son's death.

Interview - Minutes - Sunday - Speculation - Cause

The interview with 60 Minutes will air on Sunday and comes as speculation continues to surround the cause of death of the suspected killers.

Their final hide-out, a densely-wooded area, was found after local tour guide Clint Sawchuk spotted a blue sleeping bag tangled in some willows in the Nelson River last Friday.

Media - Teens - Harsh - Terrain - Threats

Local media speculated that the teens could have succumbed to the harsh terrain, where threats included water contamination, anaphylactic shock and dangerous predators ranging from bloodsucking flies to a variety of bears.

At a press conference on Wednesday, officials said an autopsy will be performed on Thursday to confirm the identities of the deceased,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!