Trump: Mississippi ICE Raids Serve as a ‘Good Deterrent’ to Illegal Immigration

CNS News | 8/9/2019 | Staff
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/gettyimages-1167022116_0.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - The ICE raids conducted at food processing plants in Mississippi Wednesday that ended with almost 700 arrests serve as “a good deterrent” to illegal immigration, President Donald Trump told reporters FridayWhen asked why there wasn’t a better plan in place to deal with the migrant children in Mississippi and why there was family separation, Trump said, “The reason is because you have to go in.

“You can’t let anybody know. Otherwise, when you get there, nobody will be there, but a big factor is to let people outside of the country that want to come in legally -- illegally into our country, where they come in in caravans where they surge the border -- which, by the way, we have the numbers way down right now, if you see, because Mexico has done a fantastic job,” he said prior to leaving for Westhampton Beach, N.Y.

Mexico - Soldiers - Border - Tariffs - Mexico

“Mexico has 26,000 soldiers, right now, on the border. They have been fantastic -- because of tariffs, but I don’t care what it is, because Mexico -- in fact, I’ll be calling the president at a certain point. I just hope they keep it up, because if the Democrats will change the laws -- which I was thinking about putting together, as you know, with the gun situation,” Trump said.

“So we have immigration and we have, let’s say, some of the things we’re talking about right now -- you have them together, but I want people to know that if they come into the United States illegally, they’re getting out. They’re going to be brought out, and this serves as a very good deterrent. If people come into our country illegally, they’re going out,” the president said.

“They’re not coming in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!