Young man is hailed a 'flight angel' for comforting a nervous 96-year-old during plane trip

Mail Online | 8/9/2019 | Andrew Court For Dailymail.com
Les7799Les7799 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/09/21/17107120-0-image-a-12_1565381279752.jpg

A young man has been hailed a hero after he was photographed supporting a 96-year-old woman on a four-hour plane ride from San Diego to Nashville.

The man just happened to be seated next to the elderly stranger on the cross-country flight last Monday, and he helped to clam her nerves throughout the trip.

Kindness - Passenger - Board - Southwest - Flight

The kindness was witnessed by a fellow passenger on board the Southwest flight, who took to Facebook to share the story.

Beneath a heartwarming picture of the lady holding hands with the young man, passenger Megan Schofield wrote: 'Sitting in the row next to me was a 96-year-old woman who hasn't flown in 15 years.

Birthday - Kansas - City - Family - Man

'For her birthday she wanted to go to Kansas City to see her family but she was scared of flying. She asked for this man's hand during takeoff and then hugged him again when experiencing turbulence.'

She continued: 'This gentleman I should say, gladly took her hand, let her hold onto him, calmed her by talking to her and explaining everything that was happening, and simply was that stranger there for her.'

Schofield - Man - Woman - Seat - Walk

Schofield went on to say that the man helped the woman out of her seat and watched her walk down the aisle when she went to the bathroom.

He also helped her with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!