Michigan cop suspended for having Confederate flags and a framed application to the KKK in his home

Mail Online | 9/23/2009 | Ralph R. Ortega For Dailymail.com
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/09/19/17104410-0-image-a-37_1565373807420.jpg

A Michigan cop has been suspended after a house-hunting black couple noticed the officer had Confederate flags and a framed application to join the Klu Klux Klan hanging in his home, as they viewed the property.

Muskegon police officer Charles Anderson, 48, who is white, was placed on administrative leave, pending a city investigation, his wife Rachel confirmed to the Daily Mail.

Anderson - Veteran - Force - Man - Superiors

Anderson, a 20-year veteran of the force who was cleared of fatally shooting a black man in 2009, and was ordered by his superiors not to comment during the probe.

'You don't know how much we wish we could say something,' his wife told the Daily Mail.

Investigation - House - Hunters - Reyna - Rob

The investigation began after house hunters Reyna and Rob Mathis, who are black, stumbled on the hate-inspired memorabilia in Anderson's home, which is for sale for $315,000.

Rob Mathis posted on his Facebook page that the couple met their real estate agent for a tour of Anderson's home in Holton on August 7.

Confederate - Flags - Walls - Dining - Room

'I’m seeing confederate flags on the walls the dining room table and even the garage. I’m thinking to myself as a joke I’m walking to the imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan‘s house right now,' wrote Mathis in the post.

Mathis reports that the couple then discovered a framed application to the Klan on the wall of Anderson's bedroom.

Mathis - Cop - Home - Wife - Tour

Mathis, knowing he was in a cop's home, said he and his wife shut down the tour and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep