ASK FATHER: As a youth minister, I don’t think clergy have my back.

wdtprs.com | 8/8/2019 | View all posts by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf →
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4

QUAERITUR:

Father have you seen this recent Pew poll on how we as Catholics view the Eucharist? I’m a Youth Minister @ my Church. I can do talks till I’m blue in the face, but feel I don’t have the Magestrium has my back. What to do?

Sympathy - Thing - Help - People - Faith

First, I have great sympathy for you. You clearly want to do the right thing, help other young people to learn and live the Faith.

Firstly, you have to learn a lot. Know the Magisterium (note the spelling) of Popes. Also, the teachings of Popes are founded on fundamentals. You have to know well the fundamentals of the Faith. I suggest getting copies of the different levels of the Baltimore Catechism, which is clear and practical.

Magisterium - Back - Pastor - Bishop - Bishops

What I think you are saying with you don’t think that the “Magisterium” has your back is that you don’t think that the pastor, bishop, bishops, Pope have your back. You sense that you should be heading this way but they are going that way. You might worry that you will teach one thing and then Father will say something contradictory from the pulpit.

This is when your preparation is so very important. If this is important for every...
(Excerpt) Read more at: wdtprs.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!