UK’s Top Counter Terrorism Officer: Muslims Should Not Feel They Have to ‘Assimilate’

Breitbart | 4/29/2017 | Victoria Friedman
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/08/Neil-Basu-640x335.png

Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu has said that British Muslims should not feel that they have to “assimilate” into British society and that “bullying, racism, [and] bigotry” could be to blame for some people being vulnerable to terror recruitment.

Assistant Commissioner Basu, the UK’s highest-ranking officer of south-Asian heritage, told The Guardian in an interview that “Assimilation implies that I have to hide myself in order to get on. We should not be a society that accepts that.”

Religion - Condemnation - View - Harm - Islamic

“You should be able to practise your religion without suffering some condemnation of that; so my view is, do no harm. And that does not matter whether you are conservative Islamic, conservative Christian, conservative Hindu, conservative Sikh. You should be able to practise your culture or religion openly and still be accepting of others, and others be accepting of you. That is a socially inclusive society,” he added.

Basu is widely-respected in Whitehall and is seen as the next potential head of London’s Metropolitan police, which also has national responsibilities for coordinating and leading on counter-terrorist activity. In a major departure from the position that terrorism needs to be tackled through policing and security services, the assistant commissioner told the left-liberal newspaper that the UK must improve social mobility and engage sociologists and academics to reduce terrorism.

Country - Person - Terror - Attack - United

Saying that the country must uncover why a person would want to commit a terror attack against the United Kingdom, Basu said: “I want good academics, good sociologists, good criminologists … to be telling us exactly why that is.”

The senior officer theorised that despite...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...