The ‘Jeykll and Hyde’ Church: The Long Journey Back to Our Mission

madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/91525.png?w=1200

I am excited to let you all know that two of my staff—Dr. Josh Laxton, who serves as Associate Director of the Billy Graham Center, and Laurie Nichols, who serves as Director of Communications and Marketing at the Center—are launching a new BGC podcast. Called Living in the Land of Oz, we created it to help all of us navigate our culture biblically, missionally, and contextually. Josh and Laurie represent differing perspectives within the church, but both are deeply committed to showing and sharing the love of Jesus. I highly recommend adding this fun new podcast to your list of regular shows. Each week, they’ll be talking about important cultural issues and interviewing leaders who are engaging our culture well. Yesterday, Josh gave us a little background on himself and where the church is at. Today, Laurie shares her thoughts.

Get weekly updates from The Exchange delivered to your inbox.

Years - CT - Studd - China - Share

Nearly 135 years ago, British missionary C.T. Studd traveled to China to share the gospel message with those who had never heard. His spirit was both a reflection of the fervor of God’s people for millennia and also a forerunner for us today as we rediscover anew what the gospel looks like in today’s ever-evolving culture.

Studd was onto a critical mindset when he explained, “Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell, but I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of ****.” This, I am convinced, must be our heart cry if we are to show and share the love of Jesus with any kind of authenticity, integrity, and humility today.

Editor - Exchange - Head - Hands - News

As editor of The Exchange, I confess I have laid my head in my hands more often than I can count as I have scanned news reports of church failings. So too I have shed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Exchange | A Blog by Ed Stetzer
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?