Casey Affleck opens up about sexual misconduct allegations that gained steam during #MeToo movement

Mail Online | 8/5/2019 | Kevin Kayhart For Dailymail.com
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/06/03/16933092-0-image-a-16_1565057065421.jpg

Casey Affleck made the conscious decision to stay relatively quiet when two civil lawsuits, claiming sexual misconduct against him, began to gain steam in the media amid the #MeToo movement in 2016.

But on Monday, during an episode of Dax Shepard's Armchair Expert podcast, the actor and director opened up about the controversy and the lessons learned.

'Who - MeToo - Movement - Idea - Conversation

'Who would not be supportive of the MeToo movement? That's an idea that's even out there?' the 43-year-old rhetorically asked during the conversation.

'That there are some people saying we do not believe in equality and we think the workplace should be a dangerous place for certain people and not for others. That's preposterous.'

Affleck - MeToo - Movement - Values - Heart

Affleck was quick to point out that the subject scares him and that it's still 'very hard to talk about because the #MeToo movement are values that are at the heart of my being; just the way I was raised.'

The Gone Baby Gone star was sued by two women who worked on his 2010 mockumentary comedy-drama I'm Still Here, which documented former brother-in-law Joaquin Phoenix's transition from acting to hip-hop.

Films - Producers - Harassment - Contract - Cinematographer

One of the films producers claimed 'sexual harassment' and 'breach of oral contract.' The cinematographer alleged 'intentional infliction of emotional distress' and 'breach of oral contract.'

Both suits were settled out of court for an undisclosed sum of money.

Massachusetts - Native - Accusations - Movement - Whole

The Massachusetts native confessed it was hard not to talk about the accusations, and the movement as a whole, in detail over the years.

'I really wanted to support all but I felt like the best thing to do was to just be quiet, so that I didn't seem to be in opposition to something that I really wanted to champion.'

Spot

He added, 'It's a tough spot to be in, especially...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.