Governor Cuomo slams impotent NYPD cops for their 'embarrassing' reaction to getting doused in water

Mail Online | 8/5/2019 | James Gordon For Dailymail.com
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/05/23/16928070-0-image-a-5_1565044021789.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/22/4944799222791845043/1024x576_MP4_4944799222791845043.mp4

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has slammed New York City's mayor Bill de Blasio and the NYPD over police training techniques after officers were caught on camera simply walking away after having buckets of water thrown at them.

Cuomo laid the blame at faulty training which made cops looks 'impotent' after incidents in Brooklyn and Harlem last month that saw police officers drenched after being sprayed with waterguns, only to turn and get back in their cars.

Incident - New - York - City - Police

'There was an incident in New York City where police officers were doused with water and the police officers walked away and got back in the car. That is wholly unacceptable,' Cuomo said on WAMC radio.

'Walking away was one of the most disturbing and embarrassing actions I've seen, I don't blame those officers, I believe they were relatively new.'

Governor - NYPD - Training - Officers - Officers

The governor asked what in NYPD's training of new officers made the officers walk away despite being assaulted in broad daylight.

'I look to the training and the policies of the police department that would've instructed them to act that way,' Cuomo said.

Training - Car - Law - Enforcement - Everyone

'The training has to be you don't turn around and get back in the car and drive away. You literally make law enforcement ineffective and impotent and that hurts everyone. You're assaulted, you take the perpetrator into custody, that's what you do,' he fumed while pledging state police officers would take a different approach.

'If that ever happened to the New York State Police, I would bet you my bottom dollar that you would not see State Police...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!