UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: Phil Tufnell, 53, answers our health quiz

Mail Online | 8/5/2019 | Sarah Ewing for the Daily Mail
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/05/21/16925088-0-image-a-11_1565038441289.jpg

Can you run up the stairs?

Yes, I’m still fairly fit despite retiring from cricket in 2002. My wife Dawn, who used to be a personal trainer, drags me down the gym a couple of times a week, and she got me into yoga a few years back. I also love golf — I have a handicap of 18, which isn’t very good but it’s a great day out.

Day

Get your five a day?

Always. I watch what I eat. I know a lot of ex-sportsmen who are still eating the same food they did when they were competing and it’s like the cake shop is open 24/7. Luckily, I don’t have a sweet tooth. I’m happy with my weight — I’m 15st and 6ft tall.

Vices

Any vices?

A few. I like my pints of lager when I’m out with friends and I have the odd cigarette. A little bit of something you like once in a while doesn’t hurt.

Family - Ailments

Any family ailments?

My mother passed away from leukaemia when I was 16. She died only a year after being diagnosed. My father died in 2014 at 88 — he kept himself very fit until the end.

Worst - Illness/injury

Worst illness/injury?

My appendix burst when I was playing cricket in 1992. I was in excruciating pain and was rushed to hospital. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.