5 Time-Saving Link Shortcut Tips to Zip Around Your Mac

MakeUseOf | 8/5/2019 | Akshata Shanbhag
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://static.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/link-shortcut-tips-994x400.jpg

The shortcuts for using links on macOS are easy to miss. You might eventually stumble upon them somehow, but why wait until then? Discover the best macOS link shortcuts now with the tips below.

On macOS, a two-finger tap or click anywhere on the trackpad is equal to a right-click action. I get this gesture right some of the time, but usually I trigger a left-click instead.

Method - Access - Menu - Control-tapping - Trackpad

That’s why I prefer this alternative method to access the right-click menu: Control-tapping on the trackpad. In other words, you simply combine the Control key with a left-click.

If you don’t like either of these options, you can also trigger a right-click by clicking on the bottom-left corner of the trackpad. However, this action won’t work until you designate it as the default.

Visit - System - Preferences - > - Trackpad

To do so, first visit System Preferences > Trackpad > Point & Click. There, select the relevant setting from the dropdown menu underneath Secondary click. As you’ll see in this menu, you can also configure the right-click menu to open with a click on the bottom-right corner of the trackpad.

After you enable one of these two options, the two-finger tap/click gesture won’t work for right-clicking.

Link - Safari - Tab - Moves - Content

When you click on a link in Safari, it opens up in the active tab and moves you away from the content you were already viewing. If you want to retain the original tab as well, why not open the link in a new background tab instead?

If you prefer to open the new link in a foreground tab instead, hold down both the Cmd and Shift keys before clicking on the link. If you like, you can swap this behavior.

Safari - > - Preferences - > - Tabs

Under Safari > Preferences > Tabs, select this checkbox: When a new tab or window opens, make it active. Now you can Cmd-click to open new links in the foreground tab...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MakeUseOf
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Tagged: