Sports Illustrated’s ‘curviest model’ Hunter McGrady says critics of her career and body ‘fuel her’ to be ‘louder and prouder’

Business Insider | 8/4/2019 | Amanda Krause, INSIDER
stefania (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5d45e3032516e9279c616c2f-1536-768.jpg

Hunter McGrady is Sports Illustrated's "curviest" model, and has been featured in the magazine's swimsuit issue three years in a row.

McGrady has also created a body-positivity campaign called #AllWorthy, and frequently works with charities like the JED Foundation and 1 Heart 1 Mission.

INSIDER - McGrady - Model - Lifestyle

Speaking to INSIDER, McGrady said she was once a "straight-sized" model, but "couldn't keep up" with the lifestyle.

Now, she's an advocate for the "plus-sized" community, and says critics of her career and body "fuel her" to be "louder and prouder."

Visit - INSIDER - Homepage - Stories

Visit INSIDER's homepage for more stories.

As a model with more than half a million followers on Instagram, Hunter McGrady knows a thing or two about living life in the public eye.

Sports - Illustrated - Model - Magazine - Swimsuit

She's widely known as Sports Illustrated's "curviest model" — she's been featured in the magazine's swimsuit issue three times — and was most recently seen on the cover of The Knot's fashion issue. When not modeling, McGrady also dedicates her time to working with charities like the JED Foundation and 1 Heart 1 Mission, and runs a body-positivity campaign called #AllWorthy.

INSIDER recently spoke with McGrady about her modeling career, and how critics "fuel" her to be loud and proud.

McGrady - Southern - California - Model - Mother

McGrady was born in Southern, California to a model mother and actor father, Michael McGrady. At the time she began modeling, McGrady said she was a size two and trying to "fit into a mold" set by the modeling industry.

"I actually started as a 'straight-sized' model — that's basically what they call it in this business," McGrady told INSIDER. "I was about a size two, and that was something I couldn't keep up with."

Size - Frame - Mold

"I just wasn't meant to be in that size and that frame," she continued. "I was trying so hard to fit into that mold, and it just couldn't happen to me."

However, McGrady eventually "learned about plus-size modeling" around...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't