Despite What Democrats Said at Their Debate, We’re Not Heading Toward Climate Apocalypse

Climate Depot | 8/3/2019 | Admin
kims (Posted by) Level 3
Unless the United States solves the problem of man-made climate change in the next 12 years—or maybe 10 years—it’s game-over for humanity. At least that’s what viewers for the two CNN Democratic presidential debates might take away from urgent declarations made by various candidates. Let’s go the transcripts.

In the first debate, held Tuesday night in Detroit, former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke declared, “I’ve listened to the scientists on this, and they’re very clear. We don’t have more than 10 years to get this right.” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (MA) warned that the “climate crisis is the existential crisis for our world. It puts every living thing on this planet at risk.”

Wait - Point - Return - Climate - Montana

But wait, there was more! “By 2030, we will have passed the point of no return on climate,” claimed Montana Gov. Steve Bullock. South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg said that “science tells us we have 12 years before we reach the horizon of catastrophe when it comes to our climate.”

The candidates in the second Democratic debate, held Wednesday night in Detroit,were a bit more circumspect with regard to setting drop-dead climate deadlines on stage.

Sen - Kamala - Harris - D–Calif - New

Sen. Kamala Harris (D–Calif.) stated that “we must have and adopt a Green New Deal. On day one as president…I would re-enter us in the Paris agreement. And put in place [policies] so we would be carbon neutral by 2030.”

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, who has made addressing climate change the center of his campaign, asserted that “the science tells us we have to get off coal in 10 years. Your [Biden’s] plan does not do that. We have to have [sic] off of fossil fuels in our electrical grid in 15.”

Debate - Rep - Tulsi - Gabbard - D–Hawaii

During the debate, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D–Hawaii) observed that “long before there was ever a Green New Deal, I introduced the most ambitious climate change legislation ever...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Climate Depot
Wake Up To Breaking News!