Rob Thomas on ‘Veronica Mars’ Season 4 and Knowing Fans Would Have Strong Reactions

Collider | 8/2/2019 | Christina Radish
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/veronica-mars-kristen-bell-05-600x395.jpg

Be aware there are spoilers for Veronica Mars Season 4.

From show creator Rob Thomas, Hulu’s revival of Veronica Mars is an eight-episode mystery that sees Mars Investigations hired by the family of a spring break murder victim in Neptune. While someone is decimating the seaside town’s tourist industry, Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) gets pulled in so deep that, even though she will get to the bottom of what’s going on, it will rock the foundation of her world, forever.

Phone - Interview - Collider - Executive - Producer

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, executive producer Rob Thomas talked about knowing that fans would have a strong reaction to the fact that they decided to kill off one of the main characters this season, knowing that would be a part of the story from the time they pitched the revival of the series to networks, why he felt it was a necessary decision, how hard it was to let the actor know the character’s fate, the intentional misdirection in the voice-over throughout the season, whether the very important Veronica-Keith (Enrico Colantoni) relationship will stay a part of the series, and what the series could evolve into next, if there are more seasons to come.

Collider: While I am grateful for another season of Veronica Mars, I’m also angry at the ending, like many people are, which I’m sure you expected when you made it.

ROB - THOMAS - Case

ROB THOMAS: Yes, absolutely. I knew that would be the case.

After you made the movie, did you always know that there would be more Veronica Mars, at some point, or did it take time to figure out what exactly it would be and where it could find a home?

THOMAS - Veronica - Mars - Movie - Guarantee

THOMAS: I did not know whether there would ever be more Veronica Mars, after the movie. We hoped so, but there was no guarantee, at all. It was probably...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!