Whistleblower: LA Dept of Children and Families fabricates evidence to separate children from families

The American Mirror | 8/1/2019 | Staff
crazycool12crazycool12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/DCFS_Sign_home.png

The County of Los Angeles faces a $750 million lawsuit over allegations its Department of Children and Family Services routinely fabricates or excludes evidence to separate children from their families.

Melinda Murphy, a former DCFS employee, recently testified that during her “just shy of 10 years” working in the department in “various capacities” she witnessed rampant misconduct that tore families apart, The Epoch Times reports.

Worker - Kids - Home - Murphy - Supervisor

“If one social worker didn’t like another, she would recommend the kids would not go home,” Murphy said. “A supervisor would say we are never sending these kids home, no matter what. That’s not the way it was supposed to be done. I would say 30 percent of all cases were marked by departmental or personal or political bias.”

That includes the case of Dr. Susan Spell, whose four children, conceived through a sperm donor, were kidnapped from school by DCFS officials amid a custody battle with her ex-husband, who is reportedly a veteran expert witness for the department and dating a case worker. Spell’s twin 14-year-old daughters and 9-year-old son now live with her ex-husband, Brian Evans.

Spell - Graduate - Harvard - Medical - School

Spell, a graduate of Harvard Medical School, has reunited with her 18-year-old son Nicholas years later, and the two filed the lawsuit on July 30 to expose how the agency treats families, particularly those from affluent families.

“I want to bring awareness. This is the epitome of corruption and abuse of power. I have to pay to see my children,” Spell told the Times.

Lawsuit - Writ - Habeas - Children - Details

The lawsuit, and a separate writ of habeas corpus requesting her children back, details how Spell’s claims her ex-husband abuses the children were repeatedly dismissed as “unfounded” despite supporting evidence from her caseworker, and it features testimony from employees like Murphy about the culture of discrimination at DCFS.

“Susan is a physician in L.A. County. She went to pick her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The American Mirror
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!