Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Explain Giving Rick Dalton Undiagnosed Bipolar Disorder In ‘Once Upon A Time’

The Playlist | 8/1/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Once-Upon-A-Time-In-Hollywood-Tarantino-1.jpg

I don’t pretend to be any sort of actor. In fact, I am absolutely dreadful at that sort of thing. However, it makes complete sense to a layperson like myself that a really talented actor needs information about the person they’re portraying to give the most convincing performance. And in the case of Leonardo DiCaprio (a pretty damn fine actor by most accounts) and his character of Rick Dalton in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” all it took was one little wrinkle to really give the role added depth.

Speaking in a new video from Vanity Fair, DiCaprio and ‘Once Upon a Time’ filmmaker Quentin Tarantino talk about one instance where the duo had to brainstorm to unlock something that was missing from the actor’s understanding of Dalton in the film. And in typical Tarantino fashion, the filmmaker took a page from Hollywood history.

Tarantino - Conclusion - Rick - Dalton - Suffer

Tarantino discusses how they came to the conclusion to make Rick Dalton suffer from an undiagnosed mental illness after DiCaprio came to the filmmaker with an issue.

“In a very nice way, Leo would say, ‘Okay, all of that is well and good about all this minutia, [but] I need something to act,'” Tarantino said.

Filmmaker - Actors - Pete - Duel - DiCaprio

The filmmaker then looked at one of his favorite actors, Pete Duel, and told DiCaprio the story of his untimely demise. Duel, who famously starred...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......