We Will Never Regret Leading Our Families In a High-Risk High-Joy Life

Kristen Welch | 7/31/2019 | Kristen
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/20150424_KristenWelch_OnMission-600x368.jpg

“I love what your family is doing, but we could never do that. We are just too _______ [insert one of 1000 reasons].

The statement makes me uncomfortable, but I also understand it.

Way - Days - Year - Mission - Family

I feel the same way about 367 days a year. “I can’t do this mission. Our family is too human. We don’t know what we’re doing, I can’t even keep up with laundry. I yell at my kids. We argue and live this grace thing out in ugly ways some days…”

My lists of “I can’t and I shouldn’t” are endless.

Mission - Something - God

But living on mission doesn’t start with doing something for God. It begins with what He has done for us.

The question isn’t Is my family called to a mission?

Question

That question has already been answered.

It’s simple really. God has called all of us-families included-to welcome others into His family.

Nature - People - Identity - Lives

We are called to go. By nature we are a sent people. That’s our identity. It’s the why of our lives.

Do you wonder what God’s will is for your family? It’s to fulfill His mission.

Life - Kids - Obedience - Love - Christ

Living a life of going doesn’t just show our kids our obedience, it shows them our love for Christ and his mission for our family.

Dr. David Shibley says, “The normal Christian life is anything but balanced, as popularly defined . . . The normal Christian life is high risk and high joy. The normal Christian life releases the temporal to embrace the eternal . . . God is not calling us to win the world and, in the process, lose our families. But I have known those who so enshrined family life and were so protective of “quality time”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!
Tagged: