Jewish Democrat: GOP Only Opposes Antisemitism to Get Money from Jews

Breitbart | 7/31/2019 | Robert Kraychik
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/GettyImages-1090938574-640x335.png

Republican opposition to antisemitism is a political ploy to glean money from Jewish donors, said Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-MI) at a “Jewish Democratic summer conference.”

Audio of her remarks was captured and published at the Washington Free Beacon:

Lot - Discussion - Months - Months - Anti-Semitism

There has been a lot of discussion for the past 9 months or so, 8 months, about, anti-Semitism. We have, what I believe is a full-on attempt by the Republican Party to grab a different community and bring them into the fold, and I will just be very honest, right, they are not looking for our votes, because we are a relatively small community, they are looking for our donors, right? They are looking for our donors, and they are trying to sway us.

LISTEN:

People - Need - Anti-Semitism - Increase - Anti-Semitism

“I think people feel the need to be very clear about what we mean by anti-Semitism, how it affects us, and that there’s just such a dramatic increase in anti-Semitism in events, in violent events, that we just feel the need to be vocal about it,” Slotkin told the Detroit News.

In May, Slotkin would not respond to a reporter’s question about “antisemitic tweets” from Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI).

Omar - Support - Israel - Function - Procurement

Omar similarly framed Republican support for Israel as a function of Jewish political procurement. In February, she tweeted, “It’s all about the Benjamins, baby,” in response to Glenn Greenwald’s characterization of political leaders “defending a foreign nation [like Israel] as “stunning.”

J Street — a left-wing organization funded by George Soros’s Open Societies Foundations and marketing itself as both Jewish and pro-Israel — supports Slotkin. The Washington Free Beacon...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep