Psoriasis sufferer, 31, covered with spots wears a dress for the first time in a DECADE

Mail Online | 7/31/2019 | Vanessa Chalmers Health Reporter For Mailonline
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/31/08/16710018-0-image-a-25_1564559124270.jpg

A psoriasis sufferer whose body was covered in red patches has worn a dress for the first time in a decade after finding a treatment that works.

Kirsty Crook was diagnosed with the condition in 2010, after noticing a patch on her forehead, which in time spread across her scalp, face, back, legs and groin.

Hit - Rock - Bottom - Cruel - Strangers

The now 31-year-old hit rock bottom because cruel strangers told her she looked as if she had been burned in a fire or feared she was contagious.

Miss Crook, from Liverpool, would wear a full face of make-up just to go to the shop and lived in tracksuits.

Love - Life - Shredding - Bleeding - Skin

Her love life was destroyed as she felt too embarrassed of her constant shredding and bleeding skin, and she even quit her job in the NHS due to poor mental health.

She also developed psoriatic arthritis – where the immune system attacks healthy tissue and causes the joints to become swollen and stiff.

Injection - Treatment - Skin - Condition - Life

But now, after finding an injection treatment that has soothed her skin and made it more manageable, she is determined not to let her condition ruin her life.

She said: 'I would never go out wearing shorts, skirts, dresses or short sleeves. I'd even wear long sleeves in the summer because I would be so worried about people being judgmental.

'People - Fire - Lot - People

'People came up to me and asked if I had been in a fire, and a lot of people would say, "I'm not touching what she's touched because it's contagious".

'I'd do everything to cover it up. I'd put loads of makeup on to hide it even if I was just going to the corner shop.

'I - Dress - Time - Years - Summer

'I got to wear a dress for the first time in 10 years this summer. I felt like a princess because I usually go out in a tracksuit or jeans.

'I could shave my legs without...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!