HOW YOU’RE HOLDING BACK YOUR TEAM & 4 REASONS TO RELEASE THEM

CareyNieuwhof.com | 6/11/2019 | Staff
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/shutterstock_1034387725-1024x683.jpg

This is a guest blog post by Jenni Catron. Jenni is Founder and CEO of The 4Sight Group and is a member of my new Speaking Team. You can book Jenni to consult with your team or speak at your next event here.

Someone may be holding back your team.

Someone - Growth

Someone may be impeding your growth.

Someone may be frustrating and demotivating your staff.

Someone

And quite possibly that someone is you.

Most leaders that I meet today intend to be good leaders. You value the importance of leadership, and you recognize the tremendous stewardship opportunity to pour into others, develop them, and rally them around a unified goal.

Team - People - Life - Work

You work hard to recruit and assemble a great team of people that you enjoy doing life and work with.

The trouble is that for all your efforts to support, direct, inspire and lead, you may actually be doing the opposite of what you hope.

Lesson - Season - Church - Team - Executive

I learned this lesson in a very intense and demanding season. I was leading a large, fast-growing church. We had an amazing team, and I had an even better Executive Team.

We should have been crushing it, and instead everyone, including me, was frustrated.

Matter - Momentum - Communication - Breakdowns - Staff

No matter how hard we tried, we couldn’t seem to get momentum. We had constant communication breakdowns. Our staff and volunteers were apathetic, and morale was low.

While the external metrics looked good, behind the scenes there was tension and continual frustration. We all felt like we were spinning our wheels.

Leader - Team - Bottom

As the leader of the team, I knew I needed to get us together to figure out what was going on. We were better than this and I was committed to getting to the bottom of it.

I was so committed that I opened the meeting by saying, “Something isn’t working. We all feel it. It seems we don’t know what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?
Tagged: