Cambridge Analytica didn't perform work for Leave.EU? Uh, hold my beer, says whistleblower

www.theregister.co.uk | 7/30/2019 | Staff
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://regmedia.co.uk/2019/05/15/shutterstock_paperwork_admin.jpg

A fresh salvo of emails dug out by Cambridge Analytica whistleblower and Netflix star Brittany Kaiser appear to confirm that the disgraced political consulting outfit carried out work for Brexit-mongers Leave.EU.

The UK's Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee – which took evidence from Kaiser and other senior CA staff last year as part of its Disinformation and "fake news" inquiry – published the paper chain today.

Letter - Committee - Chair - Damian - Collins

In her letter to committee chair Damian Collins MP outlining the content of the messages, Kaiser, formerly director of business development at CA parent biz SCL Group, said: "Over the past many months, I have been going through hundreds of thousands of emails and documents, and have come across a variety of communications that I believe are important in furthering your inquiry into what happened between Cambridge Analytica, UKIP and the Leave.EU campaign.

"As multiple enquiries found that no work was done, I would like to appeal those decisions with further evidence that should hopefully help you and your colleagues reach new conclusions."

Year - Electoral - Commission - Information - Commissioner

Last year the Electoral Commission and Information Commissioner's Office accepted that CA did not perform work on behalf of Leave.EU (PDF, page 43), the pro-Brexit vehicle founded by former UKIP leader Nigel Farage and funded by insurance mogul Arron Banks, mostly on the basis that CA wasn't paid. Based on new evidence she dredged up, Kaiser insists otherwise. She continued:

The fact remains that chargeable work was done by Cambridge Analytica, at the direction of Leave.EU and UKIP executives, despite a contract never being signed. Despite having no signed contract, the invoice was still paid, not to Cambridge Analytica but instead paid by Arron Banks to UKIP directly. This payment was then not passed onto Cambridge Analytica for the work completed, as an internal decision in UKIP, as their party was not the beneficiary of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.theregister.co.uk
Wake Up To Breaking News!