Christian author who advocated against premarital sex says he's lost his faith

Mail Online | 7/29/2019 | Marlene Lenthang;Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
The famed evangelical Christian author who led the purity culture movement and advocated for abstinence and against gay marriage, has announced that he's lost his faith, days after announcing his separation from his wife.

Joshua Harris, 44, rose to fame as a pastor and Christian author who penned the best-seller I Kissed Dating Goodbye in 1997.

Saturday - Instagram - Believer - LGBTQ - Views

On Saturday he took to Instagram to reveal that he no longer considers himself a believer and apologized for his once 'bigoted' LGBTQ views writing, 'By all the measurements that I have for defining a Christian, I am not a Christian.'

His candid post followed his Instagram announcement on July 17 that he and his wife Shannon Bonne were separating after 21 years of marriage.

Information - Announcement - Shift - Regard - Faith

'The information that was left out of our announcement is that I have undergone a massive shift in regard to my faith in Jesus. The popular phrase for this is "deconstruction," the biblical phrase is "falling away." By all the measurements that I have for defining a Christian, I am not a Christian,' he revealed.

Harris went on to say that he's spent several years in repentance for decisions made in his life and gave an open apology to the LGBTQ+ community for standing against gay marriage and failing to welcome them into the church.

LGBTQ+ - Community - Views - Books - Pastor

'To the LGBTQ+ community, I want to say that I am sorry for the views that I taught in my books and as a pastor regarding sexuality. I regret standing against marriage equality, for not affirming you and your place in the church, and for any ways that my writing and speaking contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry. I hope you can forgive me,' he said.

Despite the big shake-up in his life, Harris says he doesn't view his breakaway from the faith negatively....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: