I Trust You? 3 Reasons People May Trust You Less Than You Imagined

ChurchLeaders | 7/28/2019 | Staff
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/7.29.HOME_.CC.TrustYouLess.jpg

One of the highest compliments you can receive is to hear someone say, I trust you. Don’t take that lightly. Trust takes time to earn but can be lost quickly.

As a leader, trust is usually extended to you upfront. It’s “on loan,” so to speak, until proven untrustworthy.

Leaders - Surprise

However, it’s not uncommon for good leaders to be caught by surprise when they are not trusted quite as fully as they thought they were.

Sometimes these leaders are under pressure and cutting a few corners or have a blind spot that escapes them. Or, for another example, leaders whose drive, dreams, and ambitions are just strong enough to result in behavior they would never do intentionally.

Circumstances - Go - Load - Church - Ministry

These circumstances are among the most difficult to catch. You’re on the go, carrying a heavy load, doing your best to lead the church or your ministry area forward, but not fully attentive to what is happening around you. And the people don’t seem to respond like they once did.

For example, they may have more questions. There’s nothing wrong with questions, but these feel more like resistance than seeking understanding. Or some of your leaders don’t seem as supportive and hold back some. You can feel a little distance.

How does this happen?

What can you do?

Things - Honest - Friend - Leadership - Someone

One of the best things you can do is talk to an honest friend who understands leadership. Someone you trust. Someone who is part of your church. They will often have an insight you can’t see. Be open and receptive. Don’t get defensive. Listen as you talk it through.

And to “jump-start” that conversation, let me offer three reasons people may trust you a little less than you would think, with a few thoughts of what you can do.

Key - Today

The key is to catch it now. What may be a little less trust today can lead...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.
Tagged: