Puerto Rico's next governor says she doesn't want the job 

Mail Online | 7/28/2019 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/28/19/16475964-0-image-a-41_1564338960906.jpg

The woman slated to take disgraced Puerto Rican Governor Ricardo Rosselló's place says she doesn't want the job and is asking him to appoint another candidate in her place.

Rosselló resigned Wednesday evening from his post as governor following a text leak scandal that revealed offensive, homophobic messages and corruption and sparked 12 days of furious protest on the island.

Secretary - Justice - Wanda - Vazquez - Successor

Secretary of Justice Wanda Vazquez named as his successor when his resignation takes effect on August 2 at 5pm but she's asked Rosselló to appoint another candidate instead.

'I reiterate, I have no interest in occupying the position of Governor. It is a Constitutional opinion. I hope that the Governor identifies and submits a candidate for the position of Secretary of State before August 2 and I have told him so,' she posted on Twitter on Sunday.

Former - Secretary - State - Luis - Rivera

Former secretary of state Luis Rivera Marín would have been next in line to fill Rosselló's seat but he was on of over a dozen officials who resigned following the leaked chat.

Vazquez was next in line and the governor's seat fell into her lap.

Comments - Puerto - Ricans - Position - Midst

Her comments come as Puerto Ricans have demanded she step down from her position in the midst of the political crisis...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!