10 reasons you shouldn't quit youth ministry

www.christianpost.com | 7/28/2019 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/21/232199.jpg

I talk to youth leaders all the time. From Pentecostal to Presbyterian, from coast to coast, from urban to suburban to rural, God has blessed me to be in front of all kinds of youth leaders from all kinds of backgrounds consistently throughout the year.

Some of the time I'm counseling them. Other times I'm consoling them. But most of the time I'm encouraging them to "fight through until break through" with their teenagers.

Leaders - Role - Youth - Leader - Church

Perhaps you're one of those youth leaders who is rethinking your role as a youth leader. You're considering planting a church or leading a church yourself. After all, if you're going to do all this work, why not get a little more limelight? You're even willing to become an associate pastor in the meantime and take all the counseling, marrying and burying your lead pastor doesn't want to do anymore. In your moments of quiet frustration you ask yourself why should you stay in a position that many church leaders consider to be the lowest rung on the ministry ladder?

Or maybe you're thinking about an all out change out of the church world into the "real world." Maybe you'll just quit youth ministry altogether and start fresh doing a job that can actually pay, not the bills, but give you some extra fun/investment/etc money.

Email - Meeting - Reasons - Ministry

Before you send that email or set up that meeting, here are 10 reasons why you shouldn't quit youth ministry:

2. Jesus was a youth leader and lead a revolution that changed the world. You have the same Holy Spirit as he did!

Awakening - History - United - States - Teenagers

3. Every major spiritual awakening in the history of the United States has had teenagers on the leading edge. And it's time for another spiritual awakening!

4. According to the United Nations, this is the largest generation of youth in the history...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: