Dem Rep. Stevens: I’m ‘So Proud’ of What We’ve Accomplished in Congress So Far

Breitbart | 7/28/2019 | Ian Hanchett
pixielilia (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/Haley-Stevens-726-Thumbnail-640x335.jpg

During Friday’s Democratic Weekly Address, Representative Haley Stevens (D-MI) discussed what Democrats have accomplished since taking back the House and expressed pride in what has been accomplished.

Transcript as Follows:

Hello - Haley - Stevens - District - Michigan

“Hello, I’m Congresswoman Haley Stevens, and I represent the 11th District of Michigan.

I’ve spent my career standing up for working people, from helping save the U.S. auto industry during the greatest economic crisis of our time, to working in a manufacturing research lab focused on the future of work in the digital age.

Congress - Work - Class - Week - House

I ran for Congress to continue that work, to deliver for the middle class, and this week the House of Representatives did just that by passing the Butch Lewis Act.

The Butch Lewis Act is a pragmatic, bipartisan solution to the multiemployer pension crisis that could have devastating consequences for workers, retirees, businesses and taxpayers if we do not take action.

Americans - Retirement - Benefits - Fault - House

Over one million hard-working Americans stand to lose their hard-earned retirement benefits through no fault of their own, which is why it was so important that the House of Representatives passed Butch Lewis this week, ensuring the economic security of our middle class.

In the first 200 days of the 116th Congress, the House of Representatives has taken strong action on our For The People agenda — delivering for the middle class, by passing legislation that will improve people’s lives.

Cost - Health - Care - Opportunity - Family

Let’s review what we have done to lower the cost of health care and expand economic opportunity for you and your family.

We have passed bills to strengthen protections for people with pre-existing conditions, lower prescription drug costs, and bring down health care premiums.

Legislation - Years

We passed the first meaningful legislation in years to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet
Tagged: