On The Rubin Report, Travis Indicts 'Cancel Culture,' Political Correctness In Sports

NewsBusters | 7/26/2019 | Staff
Mireille (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/dave_rubin_clay_travis.jpg

During an interview with The Rubin Report's Dave Rubin, Fox Sports Radio's Clay Travis exposed the "cancel culture" and how the media allows a small minority of left-leaning social media fanatics to dictate politically correct hysteria. Rubin, who's been called a liberal with libertarian leanings, called the "cancel culture" "just endless nonsense," and said the nation is gripped by a fear that that the PC mob will silence you.

Travis, the author of the 2018 book Republicans Buy Sneakers Too, said the nation is being dominating by a social media "hate culture. ... There is a certain segment of the society that is titillated by being offended by things. The problem is we have allowed those people to be voices that we give way too much legitimacy to, because, one, it's a minority of voices, and, two, it's not actually reflective of life. There's a new study recently that came out that said people hate political correctness ... and yet we've allowed that culture to predominate."

Rubin - Debate - Percent

Rubin agreed and said we're ceding the debate to a hysterical eight percent.

"There's this rush to apologize anytime someone criticizes you," Travis went on. ... "And if we're artificially constraining what people feel comfortable talking about it I think it leads to a lot of angst in our country. ... Fear is always in the back of your mind because we live in this cancel culture and there's always someone who wants to cancel you out ... . Others are afraid to say what I'm saying even if they agree with it. ... This idea that you have to be at constant war with someone is an idea that I reject."

Rubin - Sports - Media - Media - Mirror

Rubin said the sports media is crumbling because it's gotten too political, and "Social media is a mirror that is "so out of whack with reality."...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.