The One Live-Action Shot In ‘The Lion King’ Revealed

/Film | 7/26/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/live-action-Lion-King-shot.jpg

While many people tend to refer to the new The Lion King remake from Disney as “live-action”, it’s anything but. Instead, it’s a computer-animated film with photo-realistic characters. But there actually is one live-action shot in the movie – and director Jon Favreau just revealed it online. See the live-action Lion King shot below.

This is the only real shot in #TheLionKing. There are 1490 rendered shots created by animators and CG artists. I slipped in one single shot that we actually photographed in Africa to see if anyone would notice. It is the first shot of the movie that begins The Circle of Life.

Yep - Legit - Landscape - Shot - Lion

Yep, that’s it. There’s one legit landscape shot nestled within The Lion King. “This is the only real shot in #TheLionKing,” Favreau wrote. “There are 1490 rendered shots created by animators and CG artists. I slipped in one single shot that we actually photographed in Africa to see if anyone would notice. It is the first shot of the movie that begins The Circle of Life.”

During a /Film set visit, Favreau was asked if The Lion King should be considered “live-action” or “animated.” Favreau answered:

Standard - Animals - Cameras - Performance - Data

“Well, it’s difficult because it’s neither, really. It depends what standard you’re using. Because there’s no real animals and there’s no real cameras and there’s not even any performance that’s being captured that’s underlying data that’s real. Everything is coming through the hands of artists. But to say it’s animated I think is misleading as far...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.