Is Carrie a good influence?': Boris Johnson's father Stanley awkwardly side-steps question

Mail Online | 7/26/2019 | Joel Adams For Mailonline
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/26/10/16528278-0-image-a-19_1564132348480.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/26/6210857155494001995/1024x576_MP4_6210857155494001995.mp4

Stanley Johnson awkwardly and repeatedly side-stepped questions about the influence of the Prime Minister's girlfriend this morning, and compared Brexit to World War One in a wide-ranging and personal interview.

After saying his son does not listen to him, the PM's father was asked by Good Morning Britain presenter Kate Garraway: 'Does he listen to Carrie?'

Johnson - PM - Father

But Johnson senior simply said it would be 'constitutionally irresponsible' for the PM to listen to his father.

Pressed on whether Carrie was a 'good influence', Stanley Johnson dodged the question completely, saying: 'I tell you something, I hope he will work with all the environmental organisations.'

Platform - Miss - Symonds - Charity - Years

He went on to acknowledge having shared a platform with Miss Symonds - who works for an environmental charity after years at the top of the Tory communications department - but barely acknowledged knowing her.

'Yes I've made speeches and walked down Whitehall and had the honour of meeting other people who were making speeches at the same time, and Carrie has been one of them.

System - Advisers

'But again I think constitutionally he has a system of having advisers and that's how it'll go.'

Earlier in the interview with Kate Garraway and Adil Ray he likened Brexit to the outbreak of hostilities of the First World War, and denied reports that his son had always wanted to be Prime Minister.

Boris - Straightforward - Plan - Brexit - UK

He said Boris had put forward a 'totally straightforward' plan on Brexit but also compared leaving the UK to the outbreak of the First World War.

He said:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.