Puerto Rico's next governor is being investigated, too, over hurricane relief

Mail Online | 9/16/2018 | Adry Torres For Dailymail.com
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/25/17/16502298-0-image-a-16_1564073705780.jpg

Puerto Rico faces a fresh political saga just a day after Ricardo Rosselló succumbed to intense public pressure and resigned as governor on Wednesday.

The Office of Government Ethics [OEG] confirmed to DailyMail on Thursday that lawyers will look into Wanda Vázquez, the woman set to replace Rosselló, to see if she allegedly refused to probe a scandal involving spoiled donated goods in abandoned trailers a year after two hurricanes debilitated the island in 2017,

Blog - Site - En - Blanco - Y

Political blog site En Blanco y Negro acquired screenshots of a September 2018 text message exchange between Secretary of Justice Vázquez and former Secretary of Treasury Raúl Maldonado.

Vázquez distances herself from becoming involved with an investigation into the mishandling of first aid cargo trailers that arrived in the Caribbean Island following Hurricane Maria.

SEE - VIDEO - BELOW

SEE VIDEO BELOW

Vázquez wrote: 'Good afternoon, secretary, they sent me a draft statement from your office on the report of the trailers. I don't have the information to comment on it. I understand that it must be the GSO who disseminates the results to the people. I don't know the methodology and the process carried out.

Fact - Conduct - Justice - Department - Hand

'In fact, if there is no criminal conduct, it shouldn't be referred to [the] Justice [Department]. On the other hand, prosecutor Castellón has already analyzed the Health referral and there are elements to investigate. Tomorrow I need to talk to him to make a decision at the Fortaleza [governor's mansion]. '

Maldonado kept in line with the secretary of justice's recommendation and told her, 'Ok, I will edit the statement and I wont't sent the report to [the] Justice [Department]. We'll talk tomorrow and thanks for your words.'

Scandals - Lack - Government - Reaction - Hurricanes

Apparently relieved that she would not have to consume herself with one of the many scandals that arose following the lack of government reaction to the hurricanes that left more than...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!