Man, 38, convicted of rape is freed from prison after the victim belatedly realized he was her ex

Mail Online | 8/4/2017 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/24/21/16460592-0-image-a-94_1563999571656.jpg

A man convicted of rape on DNA evidence 20 years after the crime has been freed from prison after the victim belatedly realized she had dated him in high school when she saw a picture of him aged 16.

James Chad-Lewis Clay, from Detroit, Michigan, was sentenced to 25 to 50 years in prison in 2017 after the woman testified she had never had consensual sex with him, despite DNA found on her matching his.

Clay - Chad - Life - Woman - Innocence

Clay, who has been called Chad all his life, had also initially said he not recognize the woman but had always maintained his innocence.

He later recognized her as a teenage girlfriend when he saw her in court but the jury was not told that, The Detroit Free Press reports.

Clay - Woman - Sex - DNA - Link

What they did hear was Clay repeatedly saying he did not know the woman and had not had sex with her, despite the DNA link due to his records being on file for a felony conviction.

He told police in an earlier interview: 'It's impossible. I don't even know this woman. It's impossible for my DNA to come up in her.'

Investigator - Mother - Woman - Picture - Clay

A private investigator, hired by his mother, showed the woman, now 37, a picture of Clay, who she knew as Chad....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!
Tagged: