Puerto Ricans gather in prayer as hundreds of thousands protest gov't corruption 

www.christianpost.com | 7/23/2019 | Staff
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/21/232156.png

Puerto Ricans gather in prayer as hundreds of thousands protest gov't corruption

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

Hundreds - Thousands - Puerto - Rico - Days

Hundreds of thousands have gathered in Puerto Rico over the last 10 days in protest, demanding that their governor, Ricky Rosselló, resign after a series of leaked text messages revealed corruption and mismanagement of the government.

The people of Puerto Rico have united to protest what the majority feel is a broken government that needs to be revamped. Among the peaceful demonstrations held, the people of Puerto Rico have uniquely gathered in song-and-dance, banged pots and pans, held yoga sessions, and held signs up while both sky diving and scuba diving. But perhaps the most powerful demonstration took place at the foot of their famous fort in San Juan, El Morro or officially Castillo de San Felipe del Morro.

Video - Media - Week - Shows - Hundreds

A video posted on social media last week shows hundreds of Puerto Ricans on their knees at El Morro crying out to the Lord for mercy for their island.

“Forgive tribalist, if we’ve failed you in being contentious or for anything, forgive us, my God. We are a nation that loves you, Lord,” a man is heard praying on a bull horn in Spanish.

Glory - God - Others - God

“Glory to God,” he continued while encouraging others to cry out to God.

Hundreds can be seen on their face crying out, speaking in tongues and praying for their country.

Leader - Puchi - Colon - Puerto - Rican

Worship leader Puchi Colon of Puerto Rican descent shared the powerful video on Instagram with the caption, “Politicians are corrupt but there's a lot of righteous praying people in our Island. He ended the caption by quoting 2 Chronicles 7:14 which says, 'If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?