READING LIFE THROUGH CREATIVE EYES

Godspacelight | 7/23/2019 | Staff
gracey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Screen-Shot-2019-07-17-at-10.08.53-AM.png

When it was time for me to consider college, my farmer father strongly encouraged me to do what he was not able to do…work in the medical field. The first semester was painful. No soul-filling in biology for this lady! No passion in science labs! Second semester finally arrived. An elective! I chose a drawing class in the art department. I had never even visited an art gallery before this. One class. Then another. No more biology. My journey had taken a significant turn in the road and my heart and soul were filled!

How did I ever manage to find myself on such a path!? Could that be the guidance of the Holy Spirit? Really? Is that how it works? I drew and painted and created in all manners of form and technique.

Cancer - Thing…surgery - Chemotherapy - Radiation…and - Recovery

In 1996 I was diagnosed with cancer. It was the real thing…surgery, chemotherapy and radiation…and then slowly, recovery. Ask me if I was seeing life a bit differently now! I do not think God puts frightening challenges on our path just to make us stronger and wiser. I believe that God ‘helps and guides’ us through these challenges so that we are able to find the strength to walk the path of this new journey. God is not stealing away my joy to prove a point. But…interestingly, somehow the challenge I was facing and my creativity were coming together. Even with my tired body, I was growing stronger within. Could something that so filled my soul guide me through this life challenge?

I began to manage the fear, learning about and planning for the experience ahead. The fear began to settle down so that I could explore just what this challenge meant in my life. As an art educator, I had always shared with my students that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: