9 Books for Pastors and Leaders Who Want to Last

ChurchLeaders | 7/22/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/7.23.HOME_.CC.BooksPastorsLast.jpg

If you still have a heart to last well beyond obstacles and detours, as a pastor or a leader, I highly recommend 9 powerful books for pastors and leaders to equip you. They address issues like trust, disagreements, doctrine, and so much more, and offer constructive and sometimes counter-intuitive perspectives.

It happened again this past Monday. A dedicated, hard-working veteran pastor told me about some of the worst problems within his church. He listed a number of tell-tale markers as he expressed his deep frustrations. I couldn’t help noticing the pain lines written across his face. I admire this man and want the best for him—even through the toughest times.

Souls - World - Pastors - Leaders - Days

When you’re tasked with shepherding souls in our gravely fallen world, pastors and leaders naturally face days, or seasons, of discouragement. Even though you know you’re meant to serve in this way, some days can feel like your last.

Every pastor and leader who still wants to be in the ministry five years from now needs to carefully read these books.

Books - Pastors - Leaders - Game-changers

All 9 books for pastors and leaders have been game-changers for me.

Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by Arbinger Institute (Berrett-Koehler). This international mainstream best-seller applies what turns out to be the Golden Rule and a few other biblical principles to daily life including marriage, family, work, and ministry. Foundational truth of this book: We all have blindspots. By definition, we can’t identify, let alone address, our blind spots on our own. Instead, we need to invite a few respected, trusted individuals to speak into our lives with love and truth about each blind spot, weakness, and failing.

Leadership - Above - Line - Sarah - Sumner

Leadership Above the Line by Sarah Sumner (Tyndale). On the back cover I’m quoted saying: “If you lead leaders, push other books aside—and make this the next one you read. Leadership Above the Line...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!