Veronica Mars Boss Rob Thomas Says Shocking Season 4 Finale Twist Was Necessary to 'Save' the Show

TVLine | 7/22/2019 | Michael Ausiello
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/veronica-mars-season-4-episode-1-photos-20.jpg?w=1024

The following story contains massive spoilers from the finale of Hulu’s Veronica Mars revival — proceed at your own peril

Veronica Mars overlord Rob Thomas knows he has a metaphorical target on his back. After all, he’s the guy who murdered Logan Echolls in the final moments of Veronica Mars‘ eight-episode Hulu revival. “I’m not worried about my personal safety,” he says with a nervous laugh, “But I will confess that I am really worried about fan reaction. I’m absolutely prepared for a percentage of fans to have a strong reaction against what we did. That, I’m fine with. But I will have made a really bad bet if, en masse, the fans turn on the show. That would certainly be a tough lesson to learn.”

Advice - Marshmallows - Breath - Thomas - Dohring

My advice to the inflamed Marshmallows among us: Take a deep breath and read on as Thomas explains why he did what he did. (I also spoke to Dohring at length; that Q&A can be found here).

TVLINE | When did you decide to kill off Logan?

Revival - Jason - Season - Logan - Girlfriend

We knew long before we pitched [the revival]. Jason Dohring knew going into the season. Calling to tell him that that [we were killing off Logan] was like breaking up with a girlfriend. It was hard for me to get the words out of my mouth. Jason was great. It stung, of course. He got why I wanted to do it. He wasn’t happy it was the direction we were going. But he was lovely about it.

TVLINE | Why’d you do it?

Kristen - Bell - Seasons - Sherlock - Fargo

Kristen [Bell] and I really want to keep doing more of these [limited, self-contained seasons], like the Sherlock and even Fargo templates. Something where, when we both have windows of availability, we can come back and do it. The thinking is that we need to survive as a noir...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!