Why Your Digital Rants Aren’t Helping Anyone (Including You)

ChurchLeaders | 7/22/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/7.23.HOME_.CC.DigitalRant.jpg

Want to know why your digital rants aren’t helping anyone (including you)? Read on.

You know that recent Nike commercial where everyone discovers the world has stopped spinning? The news anchor confirms, “The world has stopped turning on its axis.” Inspired by the sight of a nearby hamster wheel, a young woman grabs her Nikes and invites everyone she knows to run the same direction to get the world spinning again.

They start running.

Eventually, she has some notable friends join her cause—Kobe Bryant, Kevin Hart, Odell Beckham, Jr., Simone Biles, even Bill Nye.

World - Problem - Direction - Way - Course

Well, they get the world spinning again. The problem is, they’ve been running in the wrong direction. So, they all turn around and run the other way. Of course, Kevin Hart, apparently not just the comedic genius but the geophysics genius as well, knew they were going the wrong way the whole time.

I love this commercial.

Commercial

But I also hate this commercial.

Hats off to Nike, because the commercial did make me head down to the mall for a new pair of running shoes.

Truth - Direction - Heads - Rotation - Earth

But the truth is, whether all 7.4 billion of us are running the same direction or standing on our heads doesn’t affect the rotation of the earth in the slightest....
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis
Tagged: