Two Louisiana police officers fired over the viral Facebook post suggesting AOC should be shot

Mail Online | 7/22/2019 | Chauncey Alcorn For Dailymail.com;Emily Crane
gabriella250 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/23/00/16366978-0-image-a-30_1563839319564.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/18/8530215518931300741/1024x576_MP4_8530215518931300741.mp4

The Louisiana police officer who suggested on Facebook that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should be shot was fired Monday along with another cop who 'liked' the same status update.

Officer Charlie Rispoli of the Gretna Police Department in Gretna, Louisiana shared a fake news story about AOC on his personal Facebook page Thursday along with a status update that said 'This vile idiot needs a round and I don't mean the kind she used to serve.'

Rispoli - Comment - Ocasio-Cortez - Note - Job

Rispoli's comment implied that Ocasio-Cortez should be shot while also taking note of her former job as a bartender.

Fellow officer, Angelo Varisco, 'liked' Rispoli's Facebook post before it was deleted on Friday after the New Orleans Times Picayune broke the story.

Gretna - Police - Chief - Arthur - Lawson

Gretna Police Chief Arthur Lawson called the post 'disturbing' and 'disgusting,' during a Monday press conference, according to WWL-TV.

'The officer, I spoke to him personally just to try to find out why.I just couldn't understand,' Lawson said. 'I think he just got caught up in the moment. This wasn't even a real news article.'

Lawson - Officers - Court - Security - Patrolmen

Lawson noted that both officers worked as court security and never served as patrolmen.

Now the police chief said he wants the rest of his department to receive social media training.

Threatening - Post - NOLA - Com - Friday

The threatening post, first reported on by NOLA.com, was removed on Friday. Rispoli deleted his Facebook account over the weekend.

The former officer wrote the comments alongside a fake...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.