Mailbag: Three Questions from a First Time TLM Attendee

www.barnhardt.biz | 7/22/2019 | Ann Barnhardt
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4

I have a question maybe you can answer or refer me to the answer. Why is it during the Latin Mass you sit during the Gloria and Creed? And why does the server kiss the priest’s hat (biretta)? Today was the 1st time I have attended a traditional Mass, and when it was over my 3 year old turned to me and said that was a long Mass. Mind you I have been attending daily mass with my girls for almost 2 years.

And an other question, if you have time. In John Chp 6 our Lord says we must eat His Body. From my understanding the Greek states to eat like an animal. Throughout the OT there are references to eating but it is more like consume and devour. My question is how should one to receive the Lord? Chew or not to chew is I guess a way to phase it.

Folks - Sorts - Questions - TLM - Goers

Folks, these are the sorts of questions that all TLM goers should be cheerfully ready to answer. Remember that the demonic spirit of oppression that began in earnest with the World War I generation, and fertilized the seedbed for everything that came after, is the spirit of INCOMMUNICATION. People stopped explaining stuff – most especially to their children. So, let’s explain!

Question #1: Why do we sit down during the Gloria and Creed at High Mass?

Question - HIGH - MASSES - SUNG - Masses

This question applies to HIGH MASSES, that is, SUNG Masses. Our interlocutor went to a Sunday Mass, which, as is typical, was a HIGH MASS. During a High Mass, for the Gloria and Creed the Priest Celebrant INTONES the first phrase: “Gloria in excelsis Deo” and “Credo in Unum Deum”, and then the priest quietly says the rest of the Gloria and Creed at the Altar. At the same time, the choir, OR if the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.barnhardt.biz
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.