Big Little Lies Season 2 Finale Recap: The Truth Comes Out

TVGuide.com | 7/22/2019 | Maggie Fremont
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/07/18/6cfb0463-d106-4756-b46c-dfff0d92bfc9/thumbnail/1300x867/d0b399ff26cf51d6f762a7a9b6c7f1b8/big-little-lies-finale-nicole-kidman-news.jpg

Oh, my little Monterey babies. If this recap feels like it has arrived later than usual, apologies but I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror yelling "I will not not be rich" at my reflection for several hours as the iconic line has become my mantra. Seriously, bless Renata Klein (Laura Dern), the MVP of this finale episode and all of Season 2, let's be real. While "I Want to Know" ended with the emotional translation of the shrug lady emoji, Renata Klein goes out taking a baseball bat to all of Gordon's (Jeffrey Nordling) precious toys and his gut while screaming "Maybe you should've shown a woman a little respect!" and wearing the perfect power red jumpsuit. I pledge allegiance to Renata and the United States of This Is My House and I Live Here.

Though I'd be remiss if I said Renata kicking Gordon to the curb was the only thing that brought me joy in this episode. There was also the pilot episode of the sister series to Renata Klein Walks Through Metal Detectors, Renata Klein Places an Order at Starbucks. A true delight! And though it may be hard to believe, there are some joyous non-Renata moments, too: Jane (Shailene Woodley) reconciles with Corey (Douglas Smith) in part thanks to Ziggy's (Iain Armitage) advice, which I guess was supposed to be sweet but I'm honestly concerned that kid is watching too many romantic comedies. Still, Jane is finally able to have sex with this caring guy that she likes and I am here for that. Jane deserves to be happy!

Show

Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!

And as much as I thought Tori New **** (Sarah Sokolovic) really made a case for her and Ed (Adam Scott) hooking up, Ed does not see it that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!