David Crosby on ‘Remember My Name’, Cameron Crowe, and Why He Still Tours in His 70s

Collider | 7/21/2019 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/remember-my-name-david-crosby-02-600x414.jpg

From director A.J. Eaton and producer/interviewer Cameron Crowe, David Crosby: Remember My Name is not just a great music documentary about an iconic rock musician, but it’s also an intimate, honest and heartfelt portrait of a man who’s had soaring career highs and incredible personal lows, and isn’t afraid to acknowledge the role he played in it all. Through candid conversations with the singer/songwriter, the film looks at Crosby’s time in The Byrds, as well as Crosby, Stills & Nash, and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and contrasts that with his experience touring today, surrounded by the young musicians who have helped inspire four albums, with his fifth currently in production.

At the film’s Los Angeles press day, Collider got the opportunity to sit down with two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee David Crosby to chat 1-on-1 about how this film evolved into what it is now, not wanting to make the typical self-serving music documentary, being fully committed to honestly answering every question that he was asked, no matter how difficult, what he thinks of Cameron Crowe as a filmmaker, why they’ve remained friends for so many years, the freedom of speaking your own truth, how his wife got involved, and what it’s like to tour and deal with the business side of things now.

Collider - Film - Documentary - Music - Documentary

Collider: I thought this was such an incredible film. It’s a great documentary, an incredible music documentary, and just a great movie, in general. It’s one of the best things that I’ve seen this year. How do you feel about all of this? It seems like this isn’t something that anybody set out to make, necessarily, and yet you have this incredible thing to show for it.

DAVID CROSBY: You know, these things have a life of their own. I’m 77 years old. I’m supposed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!