‘Star Trek: Picard’ Unveils ‘Next Generation’ Stars To Join CBS All Access Series – Comic-Con

Deadline | 7/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/next-gen.jpg?w=966

Comic-Con learned today that Star Trek: Picard is going to feature more than one member of The Next Generation.

As the marquee panel in today’s Trek-verse Hall H extravaganza, the Sir Patrick Stewart-led CBS All Access series revealed that Brent Spiner, Jonathan Del Arco, Jonathan Frakes and Star Trek: Voyager‘s Jeri Ryan will be appearing with the Star Trek T.N.G. Captain when he returns.

Reveal - Saturday - Afternoon - Trailer - Picard

The big reveal came on Saturday afternoon in a new trailer for the upcoming Picard, that also shed more light on what the former Enterprise leader has been up to for the past almost two decades. Comic-Con alum Stewart dramatically introduced the three out of the four castmembers at the conclusion of the new trailer.

Spiner played Lieutenant Commander Data, a Soong-type android, the first and only such being to ever enter Starfleet. Data was created some time in the 2330s.

Trailer - Picard - Mansion - Data - Life

In the trailer, Picard says from his mansion, “Data sacrificed his life for me. These past few years I feel like I don’t belong here.” Picard in his retirement state is approached by enigmatic girl played by Isa Briones, and she’s something of a bad-**** fighter. “Do you know who I am?” she asks Picard, “Everything inside says I’m safe with you.”

“She is the end of all, she is the destroyer!” screams a Starfleet member.

End - Trailer - Picard - Data - Cards

At the end of the trailer, Picard and Data are seen playing cards. Picard says “I don’t the game to end,” and Data responds “I can see that Captain.”

Spiner told a packed and cheering Hall H how he came to the new spinoff: “I first heard that there was going to be Star Trek: Picard and I called the producers and said ‘You don’t have anyone for the role of Picard? And they hung up on me,” he joked.

Patrick

“Then I spoke to Patrick and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!