First ever clear picture of Neil Armstrong's face on the moon as he makes his one giant leap

Mail Online | 7/19/2019 | Danyal Hussain For Mailonline
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/20/09/16278258-0-image-a-31_1563609917059.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/17/2650244623529232558/1024x576_MP4_2650244623529232558.mp4

The first ever clear photo of Neil Armstrong's face on the moon has been revealed by an amateur British photographer.

The stunning image was created by property developer Andy Saunders, 45, from Culcheth in Cheshire and it shows the famous astronaut just moments after he had stepped onto the lunar surface for the first time.

Mr - Saunders - Photo - Armstrong - Moon

Mr Saunders uncovered the photo after noticing that Armstrong had paused after arriving on the moon and that the pause was long enough for NASA to capture his face in high definition footage.

The photographer used photo-enhancing technology popular with astronomers to stack stills from the footage on top of each other, allowing him to reveal the surprisingly clear image of Armstrong.

Discovery - Photo - NASA - US - Anniversary

The discovery of the photo comes as NASA and the US mark the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission.

It is a landmark find as there are surprisingly few photos of Armstrong on the moon, with most capturing Buzz Aldrin.

Armstrong - Photos - People - Aldrin - Person

Armstrong took most of the photos however some people also believe that Aldrin decided not to snap him in more because he was unhappy at being the second person on the surface.

Mr Saunders told the Telegraph: 'I felt almost like an archaeologist brushing off the dust from some long-forgotten artefact.

'It - Visor - Face - Seconds

'It was fortunate that he leaned forward to see what he was doing, and I noticed he had his visor up, which meant, crucially, his face was visible for a few seconds.

'I managed to get three separate good shots. I couldn't believe it when the image emerged. You never...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.