Henry Cavill Unveils ‘The Witcher’ Trailer, Talks Performing His Own Stunts at Comic-Con (Watch)

Variety | 7/19/2019 | Will Thorne
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/the-witcher-netflix.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Henry Cavill has left his Superman cape at home and is donning a silver wig instead.

The actor, along with his “The Witcher” co-stars, unveiled the first trailer for the much anticipated Netflix series at a packed Comic-Con Hall H panel.

Trailer - Cavill - Geralt - Rivia - Witcher

The trailer sees Cavill as Geralt of Rivia in all his Witcher glory, wielding his lengthy sword and relaxing in a hot bath. Later in the panel, an extra clip saw Geralt slaying enemy knights left, right and center in an action-packed throne room sequence.

Cavill revealed that he was attracted to the part because he loved the video games and campaigned “passionately” to be cast in the role.

Gamer - Games - Lot - Hours - Something

“I’m a big gamer, I played the games a lot, many many hours put into those,” he said. “There was something about Geralt which really struck a chord with me, he’s not your average hero….he won’t treat everyone perfectly and at the same time down he’s a real hero, but he keeps that very secret and very private.”

Showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich said that they auditioned 207 actors for the role of Geralt, but she kept on coming back to Cavill because she had his voice on her head while penning the scripts.

Henry - Time - Script - Anything - Meeting

“I met Henry for the first time before there was a script or anything, he was really annoying,” she joked. “I said yes, fine, I will take a meeting with you and we will talk about s how that’s not yet greenlit.”

After the sword-swishing clips played, Cavill said that he did all his own stunts for the show and discussed how he trained for them.

“It was getting used to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!