Money Heist 3 review: Bigger heist, higher stakes, same red coveralls

CNET | 7/19/2019 | Patricia Puentes
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/3HVCHq12qiRGN8BmqwuXEUPak7Y=/2019/06/03/c6d86ec5-6560-42d4-9256-6c307e0b3924/lcdp-302-unit-00413-r.jpg

Álvaro Morte plays El Profesor.

It's not that I don't appreciate the Netflix series Money Heist (La Casa de Papel). It's more that I never thought it would have such international allure.

Bit - Show - Set - Characters - Spaniards

It was a bit surprising that a show with such a specific set of characters who are Spaniards to the core and such a distinct use of the language -- bordering on the poetic and hard to fully grasp even for native speakers sometimes -- has become an international success. It's Netflix's most watched non-English series. It's been praised by the likes of Stephen King and has won an International Emmy.

After stealing around a billion euros from the Royal Mint in Madrid and managing to get away with it, the band of criminals is back together, with some new and welcome additions. Their own Río (Miguel Herrán) has been captured for reasons better not spoiled, and they really want him back. They have a new, bigger heist to pull off.

Jumpers - Dalí - Masks - Experience - El

Yes, they still look fabulous. Even when they wear those red jumpers with Dalí masks. (I'll say from experience that those aren't necessarily flattering.) And yes, El Profesor (Álvaro Morte) still has the same nerdy-sexy vibe and seems capable of pretty much anything -- other than dancing. One scene set to Who Can It Be Now by Men at Work is as painful to watch as you'd expect when El Profesor is forced to show his lack of rhythm.

The groups keeps its sense of style in season 3.

Minute - Episodes - Season - Netflix - Review

I enjoyed every minute of the three episodes from season 3 that Netflix made available for review. I'm counting the days until July 19, when all eight episodes will be available for streaming and I'll get to know what the **** happens in the end.

Some of the narrative mechanisms of season 3...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.
Tagged: