Clackmannan mother 25 lost six pints of blood during accident on Tenerife water park slide

Mail Online | 7/19/2019 | Lara Keay For Mailonline
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/19/15/16254770-0-image-a-13_1563546920342.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/16/4878784921387354996/1024x576_MP4_4878784921387354996.mp4

A British mother claims she lost six pints of blood after an accident on a 'Kamikaze' water slide on holiday in Tenerife left her with a torn uterus.

Toni Steedman, 25, of Clackmannan, Scotland, was on holiday with her husband Adam, 32, in Tenerife when they decided to go to a water park.

Fall - Slide - Lifeguards - Arms - Legs

As she prepared to shoot down the free fall 'Kamikaze' slide she claims lifeguards didn't warn her about folding her arms or crossing her legs.

Reaching the bottom she says she felt as if she needed the toilet, but was horrified to find blood pouring from her legs as a result of a torn uterus.

Mother-of-two - Blood - Transfusions

The mother-of-two says she was rushed to hospital where she had to have three blood transfusions and feared she would die.

Mrs Steedman told The Sun: 'The slide was really fast and when I hit the water at the bottom I felt something just burst inside me.

Toilet - Blood - Legs - Trial - Pool

'When I stood up I felt as though I needed the toilet but as I moved blood started pouring from between my legs. It was making a trial as I walked from the pool.'

The 25-year-old took her husband on holiday with their two children to celebrate his birthday, but things took a grim turn and family had to fly out to be by her bedside.

Couple - Excursion - Aqualand - Water - Park

The couple had bought the excursion to the popular Aqualand water park in Costa Adeje the day before the accident.

After it happened on their holiday in May 2017 she was whisked to a hospital three minutes away, where doctors tried to stop the bleeding.

Hospital - North - Island - Surgery - Tear

She was later taken to a bigger hospital in the north of the island where she had surgery to repair the uterus tear caused by the huge gush of water....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!