Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/game-of-thrones-season-8-comic-con-2.jpg?w=630
Though the behind-the-scenes protectors of the realm were not in attendance, that didn’t stop Game of Thrones faithful from making their feelings known at the show’s final San Diego Comic-Con panel Friday.
The line-up featured cast members Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime), Maisie Williams (Arya), Isaac Hempstead (Bran), Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm), Conleth Hill (Varys) and Liam Cunningham (Davos). Series co-creators/showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, who were originally slated to appear, pulled out of the event Wednesday, as did Iain Glen (Jorah), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei) and director Miguel Sapochnik.
Highlights - Event
Here are a few highlights from the event:
* “Someone left some coffee cups here,” Coster-Waldau joked at the top of the panel as the members all jokingly raised cups that were very similar to the one that accidentally appeared in a Season 8 scene.
Hempstead - Wright - Character - King - Series
* Hempstead Wright, whose character was crowned king in the series finale, kidded that the power had gone to his head. “I now force family and friends to refer to me only as ‘Your Grace,'” he said, adding that “for all intents and purposes, Westeros is now a surveillance state with Bran aware of everything everyone is doing.”
* Anderson said he envisions Grey Worm in Naath “keeping his promise to Missandei, sitting on the beach and drinking piña coladas and protecting everyone.” And the soldier’s feelings for Daenerys’ translator likely won’t be replicated, because their love “was a one-time deal, really.”
* - Hill - Dislike - Varys - Well
* Hill was asked whether he regretted being so candid about his dislike of Varys’ ending. “Well, I don’t regret starting the petition,” he said, earning big laughs from the crowd. He reaffirmed his love for the show and everyone involved, then pointed out that the major theme of the series was “futility of conflict and the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!