WHY IS ASAP ROCKY BEING DETAINED IN SWEDEN? TRUMP, MELANIA WORKING TO BRING RAPPER HOME SOON

Newsweek | 6/27/2019 | Kelly Wynne
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://d.newsweek.com/en/full/1513594/asap-rocky.jpg

ASAP Rocky was still in a Swedish jail as of Friday afternoon, awaiting possible charges related to an alleged assault, though that may change soon after the Trump administration said it may get involved in seeking his release. Fans of the rapper have been begging for the help of President Donald Trump to bring the American musician home after authorities in Sweden extended his time behind bars.

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump addressed the fans' concerns in a press conference on Friday, shared by ABC News on Twitter.

Sweden - Country - Trump - Friends - Mine

"Sweden is a great country," Trump began. "They're friends of mine, the leadership. We are going to be calling. We'll be talking to them. We've already started."

A$AP Rocky performs at Le Zenith on June 27, 2019, in Paris, France.

Rapper - Sweden - July - Suspicion - Assault

The rapper has been detained in Sweden since July 3 when he was arrested on "suspicion of assault," according to BBC News. The rapper was performing at a festival in Stockholm on June 30, where Swedish authorities say he was involved in a fight that left a man beaten and hospitalized. Rocky's managers have said the musician acted to protect himself. TMZ posted a video on July 2 that the site claimed shows Rocky attempting to calm things down immediately before the incident.

Though he has not yet been officially charged in the alleged assault, authorities have until July 25 to make their case. ASAP — born Rakim Mayers — has been detained because authorities have considered him a "flight risk," meaning they hope to more thoroughly investigate the allegations before releasing him, lest he attempt to flee their...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Newsweek
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!