Lessons on work and retirement

www.christianpost.com | 7/19/2019 | Staff
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/21/232142.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

To learn Biblical answers to your financial questions, you can #AskChuck @AskCrown your questions by clicking here. Questions used may be lightly edited for length or clarity.

Grandfather - Days - Week - Job

My grandfather gets up and goes to work 5 days a week. He’s 80! He says he never wants to retire. I would love to have a job I love that much. What’s the secret?

I understand how you feel! My dad worked full time until he was 83. He enjoyed his work and taught each of his children to do the same. Even in his retirement, he worked full time as a caregiver to my mom. He set a wonderful example for us.

Benefit - Income - Work - Way - Meaning

Besides the obvious benefit of having an income, work is a primary way to experience purpose, meaning, and joy. It allows for self-expression, and has the potential to be used in a great way to serve the needs of the world and to bring glory to God.

I recently read the inspiring story of a 99-year-old woman who has worked for the state of California for 76 years. May Lee drives herself to work at 6 a.m. and claims: If you keep busy, you enjoy life.

California - Department - Finance - Department - General

She started with the California Department of Finance in 1943, moved to the Department of General Services in 1963, and worked until she retired in 1990, upon which she worked four days a week as a retired annuitant. Now she works as an unpaid volunteer.

A voracious reader, she’s always learning, and respects everyone regardless of their title.

Health - Stairs - Parking - Garage - Hour

She attributes her health to eating right, exercising (she used to walk the stairs in the parking garage for an hour), and standing instead of sitting in her office.

May Lee is not alone. Many people are continuing to work into their retirement years. They enjoy the relationships...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction