Ted Cruz says government should spend 'every penny' of El Chapo's billions to build the border wall

Mail Online | 7/18/2019 | Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/18/18/16218760-0-image-a-22_1563470438626.jpg

Ted Cruz said Wednesday he wants nearly $13 billion from Mexican drug lord El Chapo to be used to fund construction of the southern border wall.

Joaquín Archivaldo Guzmán Loera, more commonly known as El Chapo – which is Mexican slang for 'shorty' – was sentenced to life in prison on Wednesday and ordered to fork over billions.

Cruz - Senator - Texas - TMZ - Interview

Cruz, a senator from Texas, told TMZ in a short interview on Capitol Hill that the $12.6 billion seized from El Chapo after he was convicted for drug trafficking should be used build President Donald Trump's border wall.

'I think it's great that he's sentenced,' Cruz said. 'I think the next step is to criminally forfeit his entire global criminal enterprise. It's worth billions. And we should use every penny of that money to build the wall and secure the border.'

Cruz - Drug - Money - Drug - Kingpin

Although Cruz conceded that the drug money from the 62-year-old drug kingpin may be hard to track down and obtain.

'Finding those assets, getting those assets, won't be easy. But we should and the Department of Justice will do it's very best to do that,' he continued.

El - Chapo - US - Trial - Prisons

El Chapo was finally brought to the U.S. to stand trial after he twice escaped from Mexican prisons.

Cruz says there should be no question...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!